N. Tucson Blvd. Suite 9
Tucson, AZ 85716-3450
Phone: (800) 635-1196
Hotline: (800) 419-4777
of American Physicians and Surgeons, Inc.
A Voice for Private Physicians Since 1943
Omnia pro aegroto
Information for Physicians & Students
Who We Are:
- AAPS is a national association of physicians dedicated to
preserving freedom in the one-on-one patient- physician relationship.
- AAPS members believe this patient-physician relationship must
be protected from all forms of third-party intervention.
- Since its founding in 1943, AAPS has been the only national
organization consistently supporting the principles of the free
market in medical practice.
What We've Done:
- AAPS has successfully fought in the courts for the rights
of patients and physicians. Victories have included:
- protecting physicians against threats of HHS sanctions for
unassigned billing for laboratory tests at a time when such billing
was perfectly legal (AAPS v. Bowen I and II);
- establishing the right of physicians to be heard in federal
court in a challenge to a fee freeze (Whitney v. Heckler);
- challenging HCFA's attempt to abrogate the freedom of patients and physicians to contract
privately if no Medicare benefits are claimed (Stewart v. Sullivan);
- bringing to light the illegal secret operations of the President's Task
Force on Health Care Reform (AAPS v. Clinton).
- AAPS sponsors seminars throughout the country to instruct
physicians in economic, legal, and political issues pertinent to the practice of medicine.
- AAPS testifies on invitation before committees in the
US Senate and House of Representatives .
- AAPS networks with physician and patient groups to inform
the public about true free market reforms (such as Medical Savings Accounts) as an alternate to
nostrums that caused the crisis in medical costs.
Why You Should Join Us:
- You'll have access to the AAPS Limited Legal Consultation
Service, an information and consulting service, which will provide
you with answers to a wide range of legal questions in the field
of health law. This service is available to members only.
- You'll receive AAPS News, a monthly newsletter full
of the latest information on what's new in the world of private
medicine-including a monthly legislative update.
- You'll have the opportunity to attend AAPS meetings and become
acquainted with other members of the Delta Force of private medicine.
- You'll receive periodic Action Alerts about pending legislation
- You'll receive The Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, a peer-reviewed quarterly that fearlessly takes on the
controversial issues, even if it makes the establishment "uncomfortable."
Print the form below and send it along with your check or money order for your first year dues to AAPS;
1601 N. Tucson Blvd. #9; Tucson, AZ 85716.
Please click here to join online.
Date of Birth:_____________________
Membership Categories (Circle One):
House Officer: $30/year
Student: No Charge
Professional Associate (D.D.S., D.P.M, etc.): $150/year
Associate (non M.D. or D.O.): $95/year
(Dues include AAPS News and the Medical Sentinel, $35, and $37.50. Portion allocated
for lobbying, about 10%, is not deductible as business expense.)