URGENT! Information & help needed from PA members
1. AAPS supports Scranton physicians
2. Plans hard-hitting action
3. What you can do – response needed ASAP
AAPS supports the position of physicians in Scranton who are planning to stop seeing patients in response to skyrocketing liability premiums. To that end, we are planning a numbers of actions and statements to support them, but also to bring about long-term changes, including tort reform. As some of you may know, we were quite vocal about the crisis in Nevada and our Town Meeting in Las Vegas and other efforts contributed to changes there.
The State is threatening charges of abandonment, but there’s no legal basis for that. We will take a hard-hitting position, but to do so we need support from our members in Pennsylvania. We need volunteers to talk to reporters, and we data about liability premiums so we can document the costs to patients.
Here’s what you can do:
1. Tell us how much you pay in liability premiums, how much to the CAT fund, your specialty, and the approximate number of patients you treat in a year. Please indicate if you want to remain anonymous.
2. Contact us at [email protected] if you are willing to “go public.” We particularly need volunteers from Scranton, Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
3. Send us the names of colleagues to send alerts.
WE CAN’T DO AN EFFECTIVE JOB WITHOUT YOUR HELP. PLEASE RESPOND TODAY!